classes & retreats
Raw Food Classes
Private, and In-home instruction on Raw foods and Juicing is available. We also facilitate large groups and parties for hands-on demos, meals can be included. Connect with us for more details and to schedule your class.
May 13th-15th, 2016
Reviving your Life: Exploring Raw and Live Cuisine
We have the ability to transform our lives with the thoughts we choose to feed our minds and the foods we choose to nurture our bodies. Imagine feeling full of energy, vitality, breath, and well-being. Imagine replacing old eating habits with better informed choices that are raw, super-nutritional, and empowering to your health.
Facilitated by the Raw and Juicy staff and The Grey Bear staff Reviving Your Life: Exploring Raw & Live Cuisine teaches you how to work with living foods for the living body. Whether you are looking for new ways to heal or restore your body or preventative ways to keep your body whole, this retreat is an excellent opportunity to rejuvenate, discover new recipes, and gain practical information about the benefits of fresh, raw foods. Join us at Graybear in keeping it simple as we take a new approach to cooking it up in the kitchen
Workshop Fee is discounted at $395 if paid in full by April 1st. Late registration fee increases to $445 with with balance due May 10th. If combined with 7-day fasting retreat, total fee is $1700.00.
May 13-21, 2016
Juicing & Raw Foods
This nine-day (program begins with the "Reviving your Life" weekend), carefully supervised program is designed to help purify and balance the whole body, mind and spirit. Through purification, we give our digestive system time to rest and concentrate the body's energy on a powerful revitalizing, cleansing and renewing process.
Program Elements Include:
• instruction in the science of purification
• understanding detoxification and safely beginning and ending a fast
• fresh organic juices
• daily walk, yoga, meditation, breath work, quiet time and relaxation
• massage/bodywork sessions
• strong supportive environment; group participation, distraction free setting
• exploring conscious eating
• opportunity to take responsibility for and actively participate in improving your health
• understanding our relationship to food, nutritional tips to help balance cravings
• creating a new guideline to eat for longevity and vitality
• time to enjoy the lightness, renewed energy and clarity fasting brings
• sauna, hot tub, massage & bodywork
• small group size and a professional, attentive staff combine to meet individual needs
Arrival Departure schedule:
We'll begin with guests arriving Friday (4-6pm arrival). Dinner is served at 6:00pm; followed by orientation and opening circle. We finish our retreat on Sunday with closing circle, lunch, and checkout at 2:00pm. (*) Gray Bear is a two hour drive from the Nashville airport, so please plan arrival time/ departure time with this in mind.
Who Should Attend:
This workshop is not for those with serious health conditions. Each person must be willing and able to participate in activities (Daily walks in a rolling hills environment, movement class, lectures). Even though a temporary benefit of this program may include weight loss, our focus is on wellness and whole health integration.
Registration: Program cost is $1700.00. A $500.00 non-refundable deposit is due upon registration. The full balance is due 5 days before retreat begins. MC/Visa accepted.
Please mail to: Gray Bear PO Box 682 Hohenwald, TN 38462.